Fragile Oasis

Connecting Space and Earth: Learn. Act. Make a Difference.
Community

Discussion Forums

http://phys.org/news/2012-11-sea-levels-faster-ipcc.html I believe I've mentioned this cataclysmic potential in passing ;). We need reliable real time monitoring and forecasting, information and a plan for global water. When you drink a glass of water it is possible that water has traveled all around the world in its 'lifetime' so far. Water connects us all in a unique and essential way which we fail to appreciate in the modern paradigm. Support knowledge about water, support water research and environmentalism, support healthy uses and helpful practices. Free the water from ignorance today ! ;p

angeldel P. in response to D.M.J. M.

http://www.venuland.vn ago

happy holidays everybody !! :)

new vid sooo close to done. looks like something out of a sagan series :)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnmcquaid/2013/01/09/more-signs-of-accelerating-sea-level-rise/?utm_campaign=techtwittersf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Would be nice if you guys could address my vote count issue, especially since everyone else's seems to be working now and these errors came up almost a year ago... That's to say nothing about my prolonged dedication to a medal you're apparently not giving out even after several years of persistence on my part. :/ Sad way to touch and encourage a new generation I must say. You guys oughtta just shut this down, really, if this is how it's operating. I'm going to backup as much of this as I can tonight since I assume this straightforward comment will probably get me banned based on the taste I have in my mouth about this whole business. You made the contest and the rules, you should probably honour them even if the results aren't exactly what you were expecting. I'm sorry I'm not a 12 year old with a plan for a new way to go potty in space. If I was I'm sure I'd have gotten some recognition by now :P Nevertheless the time I've invested in the new video and just on this site in general were something I had planned on enjoying, but now I just feel disappointed. I have even asked elyse about this directly in emails we've exchanged and she has never said ONE WORD about the delay, any reasons for it or anything... I dont think my feelings are unreasonable, nor that my requests or my project are deserving of the shabby treatment they've been given here and I wonder how much money has been sunk into this while I've been doing as much as anyone on here and haven't even been given what I should have rightly won by now. Just unconscionable. I would have been happy to include many thanks to NOAA and various oceanic/atmospheric study groups whos data was invaluable to the formation of my thesis...anyway... "...how are we gonna get to the moon if we can't talk between two or three buildings?"

Elyse David in response to D.M.J. M.

I'm happy to again reassure you that activity related to your project is in good order. Once a project is featured, votes are frozen. This is universal among all projects. If I had not made that clear to you in our various communiques, then you have my apology for not doing so. Medal voting is ongoing. This is also in good order.

D.M.J. M. in response to Elyse David

I thank you for your late response about these issues. I understand that after a project is featured the votes are frozen. I am sorry if I failed to make it clearer that it is my overall vote count that is frozen not the projects. No matter what I vote on I receive no continued vote counts. I'm not talking about my project, but my account here. If I vote for other projects, or make medal votes those should be recorded and displayed in my and the communities vote counter. I am sorry for the disrespectful tone of my remarks but its been quite ongoing as I said. As far as the medal counts it was my understanding that the original announcement was due around the time of the Cols return from the ISS. That was delayed so it seemed the announcements had been delayed in conjunction with that. However the months and now many many months have passed and I have watched, voted and searched dilligently for any info... nothing I can find or have seen. And I have asked about it before. When you were to give 3 a year and not even an announcement is given as to an envisioned delay period or anything - in spite of previous correspondence... well I just hope you can understand my frustration. I appreciate your update and I guess I will just keep an eye out for any new info about the medals relying on your assurance. I am happy the site is growing and there are so many admirable projects involved... I just find it upsetting that so much was made of this and I've yet to see that goal materialize. Bests

Elyse David in response to D.M.J. M.

Thanks for the clarification. You are questioning your overall vote tally. Understood.

D.M.J. M. in response to Elyse David

I am unsure how that wasn't clear before, and I was also questioning the lack of announcements about the medals. Either way please feel free to remove my last few posts here if you like. I appreciate your getting back to me and hopefully my vote tally gets cleared up and everything works out fine. I still truly am inspired by the ideas this site was based on and the various projects of remarkable value to the Earth and us who dwell upon it. Sorry for "web-ranting" on this thread there, but I've brought these things up before and I'd been pretty patient... seems I was unclear or it got lost in the machinery tho... anyhow, thanks again.

Add Your Voice