Fragile Oasis

Connecting Space and Earth: Learn. Act. Make a Difference.
Community

Discussion Forums

Elyse David in response to D.M.J. M.

Thanks for the alert, friend. We'll get you fixed.

D.M.J. M. in response to Elyse David

as always, much appreciated :) bests.

D.M.J. M. in response to D.M.J. M.

ummm, I have less now than when I brought it up (first share, for example)...curious.

tysvm :)

thanks so very much :)

when I make votes now they do not effect my personal vote count (i.e. stuck at 809) Cheers.

Please could you tell me what is the point of pouring mineral water back into the lakes, as soon as you buy the minearl water, more bottles are produced to replace it. You are just aggravating the problem. If we all stopped buying the mineral water to begin with then they would stop producing the bottles, and therefore stop draining the lakes and rivers.

D.M.J. M. in response to Scott J.

thank you for your comment. While I agree that a return to 'tap' or other pure source water would be the ideal right now that would not solve the problem. This project is about awareness of resource allocation and making a small attempt to free some water back to the natural cycles of the planet. As far as the point a) it would not be mineral water, just pure bottled water and b) the point would be that there is much sitting in storage already. While a dramatic spike in consumption may ultimately increase production, the main point with that aspect of the project for now is to simply begin the process of healing, for every bottle they produce if even .0001 was returned to the planet ahead of it being discarded due to plastic saturation (expiration of water?) or to otherwise hurry its emancipation from plastic prisons may be a step in the right direction if we are truly facing a problem of global dehydration. 'Freeing the water' is more a symbolic act to be sure. The main point is to increase awareness about the amounts and uses of this precious finite resource :) Hope that helps and your comments or questions are always welcome.

D.M.J. M. in response to Scott J.

still.

uh ohs ! http://www.news24.com/SciTech/News/Rise-in-sea-level-cant-be-stopped-20120701 better understanding required-much ? ;p

Add Your Voice