Fragile Oasis

Connecting Space and Earth: Learn. Act. Make a Difference.
Community

Discussion Forums

2/2 ----- CLOSING SUMMARY As an overview; endorsement of this project is a vote for water accountability on a global scale. Water is essential to life. For many years now, commercial water has cost more than even gasoline in many transactions. Areas that lose access to natural water because of commercial exploitation in other areas of the world (or at home) are highly prone to riotous behaviour. By understanding the problem we stand to prevent or eliminate any water related violence in the future. Taking better control of this finite resource is also a healthful decision for other elements of the biosphere and increases our tendancy towards a more sustainable global society. The first thing that would happen is the establishment of a more engaging website about water including a data-hub for information, maps, projects, facts and projections about planetary water supplies and use. This would be available and accessible to major academic bodies, the press and the public in general. Water is little more than a beast of burden in the modern economic model. Water should have some special meaning for us especially since it is so rare and also essential to all we know about life. MEDAL VOTE TODAY, FREE THE WATER ! |||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|/_

NEW WEBSITE UPDATE 12/11, check the "VISIT PROJECT WEBSITE" button up near the top of this page to see some data. :)

Happy holidays everyone !!! =D

sagan is my hero.

Hey everyone, if you love FragileOasis don't forget to vote up AstroRon on SHORTY AWARDS : http://shortyawards.com/Astro_Ron If everyone from this site votes it'll be a landslide :)

EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE FOR ME TO WIN A PRIVATE SPACEFLIGHT !!!! http://bit.ly/z0JF3x my sister started this as a birthday present to me and I would love for her to pay me back as she says,lol also check the site out, maybe you want to enter yourself too. But hey, vote me up for showing you ;p GOOD LUCK SPACERS !!!!!!

happy world water day, help our project win and spread awareness of the finite and essential nature of this amazing resource !!! :))

Happy centennial to my main man Verner !! <3

While I (as much as anyone) like getting badges, I am truly worried that the new changes have changed the real vote results for features and medals... I've been dedicated to this for approaching a year and now the top voter is 2000 votes ahead of me instead of like 50 ? I have a strange feeling that my project went from doing well in the medal runnings to not so well... I know it bumpedme from 4th to 5th in featured and now 6th place is really close to mine too. when will they be announced ?? Have the standings changed because of these admin updates ? Whats the deal ? :) I hope it hasn't cost me a prize I've otherwise worked steadily at and deserved by the terms ;p

D.M.J. M. in response to D.M.J. M.

I sure hope this admin update hasn't cost me a medal I've been working steadily at and otherwise earned by the terms... :/ I worry though, how can I be 2000 votes behind the leader now when it was 50 this morning ? I hope this didn't just pooch almost a year of participation on the site.

Add Your Voice