Fragile Oasis

Connecting Space and Earth: Learn. Act. Make a Difference.
Community

Discussion Forums

nice to see so many projects on the map ! keep up the GREAT work everyone !!

I've also been voting me up on the education medal, this sort of common sense 'education' seems to be pretty lacking, so if you agree with the project and its educational/earth saving implications I would very much appreciate your support. I know it doesn't seem like much to do, but funny how little even we who realise this are able to summon the motivation to physically make that difference isn't it. The only thing required for the succession of evil is that good people do nothing :) Snoogins ~~

sorry about the poor grammar in my last thread, yes I noticed it too but it was late ;p

don't forget, you can vote once per day PER PROJECT ! :)) *wink wink, nudge nudge ;)

Welcome home, Colonel :)

FLEMING COLLEGE FREES THE WATER !! Sir Sanford Fleming College in Peterborough has become one of the first colleges in North America to ban the sale of bottled water !!! This has yielded untold hundreds (or potentially thousands) of liters of water away from the prison of plastic bottles. Fleming processes their own water on site which is available to be used in glass bottles supplied at orientation to all students! I'm granting Fleming 1000L of water freed and this puts them in the lead by far ! Viva aqua libre !!! Huzzah to Fleming College and Fragile Oasis !! Spread the word peepz !

Article about unprecedented arctic melting.Most since satellite measurements began in 1979. New Canadian report http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/Arctic+rapidly+disappearing+study/5758344/story.html

Read that the Rhine River dropped so low (because of recent dry spell??) that we found a 60 year old ordinance at what used to be the bottom... I'm guessing that the river is pretty darn low ! :o http://m.ctv.ca/topstories/20111203/koblenz-germany-bomb-disposal-evacuation-111203.html The more water you free, the less old bombs will resurface ! Vote today !!! Education, Humanitarian Service and Peace medals all apply now that this new threat has emerged ;p

Irish Times says Santa has to move his shop because there's no more permanent ice gonna be left in the arctic.... where is all the water going ??!?! http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sciencetoday/2011/1208/1224308739219.html FREE THE WATER and let Santa go back to his home !! FREE SANTA, FREE THE WATER, SAVE THE WORLD. VOTE TODAY !!!

WHY YOU SHOULD FREE THE WATER 1/1 This project means to advocate on behalf of planetary water struggles everywhere. A few proposals and ideas for your consideration: EDUCATION: in present working theory, there is a finite amount of water on the surface of the earth. We should ; -undertake a global survey of analytically confirmed amounts based on the best ocean mapping and other calculations available -undertake to verify the amounts conjectured previously -undertake to properly survey the amount of water 'trapped' from the natural tables and cycles of the planet through actuarial means -undertake to calculate any impacts from the depletion of water from natural cycles which may emperil various local lakes, rivers, water systems, etc, around the world. -undertake to study/quantify any extra-planetary sources of this vital resource, its distance, costs and utility. HUMAN SERVICE: if the aforementioned data is compelling the service to humanity cannot be understated; -awareness of the global amounts of water -awareness of any related impact from human use/consumption can be utilized by others to project future problems and solutions -systems used to calculate and consider the information required for this project can also be used to measure accuracy of projections, improvements, as well as to search for especially affected regions. -this may also have impressive tax implications for nations with a large amount of water. The UN has declared water an essential human right, many organizations are taking advantage of a lack of knowledge/legislation in these areas at present. They may be more accountable in the future if confronted with independent scientific studies and an aware community population. PEACE: By studying and considering water as a finite resource which we can measure and monitor, to an impressive degree with modern technology, we may indeed prevent a resource war in the future before it ever has a chance to take shape. If water continues to decline from natural accessibility and no studies or provisions exist in common practice or law to provide confines for use as a function of scientific sensibility, it is highly likely that adversely affected peoples may resort to violence for the acquisition of clean water since it isso essential to healthful human living.

Add Your Voice