From the Diary of a Space Zucchini: The Frontier
June 30, 2012
Tonight, Gardener and his crew will depart in their seed pod. The replacement crew is ready to carry on in their place. He is wearing his space suit undergarments.
Not too stylish but functional. He gave all of us an extra long smell. His nose twitched with the slightest tickle from the leaf hairs on little Zuc. He said that what will be is for the best. It has been a wonderful journey; one chapter is closing, another is opening. He had tears in his eyes, not just a small drop at the corners but a pool that was making him blink.
He reached up and turned out the light. In the frontier you should not be afraid of the dark.
Editor's Note: Don Pettit, Oleg Kononenko and André Kuipers begin their journey home to Earth from the International Space Station at 12:48am EDT Sunday, July 1, 2012, and land in Kazakhstan at 4:14am (2:14 pm Kazakhstan time). A check for stow-a-ways begins shortly thereafter. Watch on NASA TV.
Discuss this post
1Comment about this post
- A Poem for Saturday: One Planet is Not Enough
- From the Diary of a Space Zucchini: Preparing for Departure
- A (New) Moon is Born
- From the Diary of a Space Zucchini: Gardener's Spacesuit
- From the Diary of a Space Zucchini: Baby on Board!
- With Warm Regards
- Stray Light
- From the Diary of a Space Zucchini: Happy Sprout Day!
- From the Diary of a Space Zucchini - What Do Dragons Eat?