Until We Meet Again
Nov. 25, 2010
From the ISS Cupola reflecting on a life challenge I heard long ago – 'Be strong enough to know when you are weak... brave enough to face yourself when you are afraid... never substitute words for actions. Learn to stand up in the storm, but have compassion for those who fall. Always have a heart that is clean, a goal that is high... learn to laugh but never forget how to weep.' - Until we meet again…
Our Soyuz spacecraft 'Olympus' stands ready for flight... tonight we set sail for the blue planet. It has been nearly 6 months, and we are being called home. I hope to one day return to this place. Seems I’ve lived a hundred lifetimes... yet I blinked, and the time has slipped away. What will that first breath be like when the hatch opens on Earth? ...I can only imagine..
Discuss this post
4Comments about this post
- I Salute You My Friends
- A Breath Of Fresh Air
- Leave A Light On For Us
- Childhood Dreams Of Flying A Spaceship
- Seeing This Makes The Heart Soar And The Soul Sing
- The Smell of Earth's Goodness
- The Sails Are Set. Our Course Is Sure. Our Destiny Awaits.
- Starry Starry Night: Celestial Lights & The Ancient Moon
- Without Borders