Splash Up + 1 Day
April 22, 2006
Our first full day back on the surface of the Earth was spent debriefing the mission, preparing for our return to Houston, conducting media interviews, and reflecting on the mission. We conducted science debriefs with the Center for Minimal Access Surgery and the National Space Biomedical Research Institute, and mission debriefs with the National Undersea Research Center.
We also conducted interviews to support documentaries being produced about the mission for television stations in Germany and Canada. Looking back on the mission I am filled with an extreme sense of gratitude for having been given this incredible blessing and an extreme sense of awe of the experience itself. I am filled with a sense of contentment for how we as the crew of NEEMO 9 conducted the mission, the accomplishments of the mission and for what this mission will mean for our space program and health care providers. I am very thankful for being able to be a part of this important mission and I am thankful for the interest and prayers that all of you have given to my crewmates and me.
Discuss this post
0Comments about this post
- To Be Continued ...
- One Young World Summit - The Key Is We
- Why Should We Spend Money on Space Exploration When We Have So Many Problems Here on Earth?
- Guardians of Earth
- Do 1 Thing Day - July 20, 2012
- The Orbital Perspective of Nicholas Kristof
- An Invitation to Participate in the International Space Apps Challenge
- LAUNCHing Ideas for a Waste-less Tomorrow
- We Get to Carry Each Other